Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

Family,

As I have pondered on what to include in my final email from Texas, I thought about sharing stories but quickly realized that those are not important. There will be time tell stories and share experiences.
My mission was not about "stories", it was about "becoming". I also realize that even though the Lord has enabled me to become more than I ever was before, my 'path of becoming' has just begun.

The Book of Mormon is "the most correct of any book on earth". It is the actual account of the literal civilization which anciently inhabited the Americas. It was divinely delivered to the Prophet Joseph Smith. It stands today as an undeniable witness of the reality and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. It has brought peace, faith, hope, and purpose to millions of people, including myself. I will always be thankful that I was privileged to share that most sacred book with many Texans!

The Authority of God which he bestows to man to further the salvation of His children, is the priesthood. That same priesthood was held in the primitive Church of Christ. When the Lord brought forth the Restoration of His church on the earth he sent heavenly messengers to restore the priesthood back to man. John the Baptist brought back the Aaronic Priesthood. Peter, James and John brought back the Melchizedek Priesthood. Both priesthoods were given to, and received by, the Prophet Joseph Smith. I have felt that Priesthood many times here in Texas. I have seen true miracles performed in the name of Jesus Christ. The Priesthood is on the earth, and it is here, in God's
kingdom!

"Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it" (D&C 135:3). Amen! I love the Prophet Joseph Smith. The world is in apostasy, and the only reason that we are not is because of what the Lord has revealed through Joseph the Seer. The world has no idea who God even is. Truly, without the Prophet,"[they] worship [they] know not what" (John 4:22). I have had engraved into my soul an unalterable testimony of the prophetic call of the Prophet Joseph Smith!

The Lord Jesus Christ is the plan of salvation. He is the gospel. He is "the way, the truth, and the life"
(John 14:6). He was born in Bethlehem. He was crucified on Calvary. He was placed in a tomb, but
no tomb can hold our Lord! He overcame death, assuring resurrection for all of mankind. He lives today as the Resurrected Redeemer of the universe. It is my conviction that our Savior, and His Father, appeared to Joseph Smith that sacred spring morning in 1820. This is His Church, and He is
in control. "I believe in Christ, so come what may" (Hymn #134)


Love,
Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment