Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 19 Email!

Family,

It looks like ya'll had a great Bridal Shower! It's crazy to see the backyard again haha and the mountain in the background. I haven't seen any kind of mountain in months! ..Save some of those sugar cookies for me.

It's been in the 70's there? haha... that's cute. It's been consistently high 80's-100's already here. It'll be like that until like the end of September too, so hopefully I stay in Marble Falls for most of that, because we are in a truck. Riding a bike in Texas heat is a poor choice.

SPEAKING OF MARBLE FALLS: My new companion is Elder Whitney. He's from South Jordan, Utah, and he's been out for about 5 months now. Elder Whitney and I hit it off instantly! He's such a cool guy, and a stud missionary! We're going to do work together. I forgot to take a picture of him until right before I came here to write this E-mail. So I hurried and took a picture of us in our P-Day clothes. Sorry.

This week was great, we had a bunch of awesome lessons, and we had quite a few people come to Church! We'll be having many baptisms coming up in the next few weeks which is so amazing! I love my mission, everything about it, even the little things from day to day, everything is so much better when you're serving The Lord.

We were able to have an excellent lesson last night with a Less-Active family, straight out of Preach My Gospel. Preach My Gospel is not just for full-time missionaries. People think it's just for the few with name-tags, if you think that, you're a fool. For example, some of the chapter names are, "What is the role of the Book Of Mormon", "How do I understand and recognize The Spirit" & "How do I develop Christlike attributes". Behind The Book Of Mormon, and other scriptures, Preach My Gospel is the most powerful book, that has affected and blessed my life the most.

I love ya'll! and I love my mission.
Every single day. I have had so many incredible experiences already, I am so thankful for all those in my life who helped me get out on my mission.

I hope everyone has a great week, and sends me cookies.

Love, Elder Giles
Elder Christensen & I: Last Day
Elder Christensen & I: Last Day

Elder Christensen & I: Last Day

Elder Whitney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment