Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7 Email!

Kinfolk,Happy Birthday 'Murica!!
Happy 4th of July!!! I have never been so scared in my entire life, as I was on the Fourth of July here in Marble Falls. Everyone is already ridiculously patriotic during the year. Once July 4th came around..... wow.
Every single person was wearing something with the American flag on it. Every single car had a flag waving in the wind. People were setting off fireworks all day long and throughout the whole night.
Texas is the best.

I got the package ya'll sent me! Thank you very much! I am actually wearing the Ontario, Oregon shirt right now haha. Getting stuff in the mail is the best feeling ever, so thank you so much! (subtle hint)

This week was very exciting! I had my first District Meeting. I was pretty nervous. I was praying so hard the days before that I could prepare what would be the best for the District. I put a lot of time into planning and preparing. It went great though! It was really fun. I really enjoy being the District Leader here, there are some really great missionaries in the District.

I finished my new Lion Ring, i'll attach a picture. I'm genuinely happy about it.
 

Marble Falls got some exciting news as we received a new Bishop yesterday. His name is Bishop Sells, and he is going to be such a great Bishop. He's one of those people that just makes everyone feel comfortable and loved. I'm very excited to see the effect that has on the ward here.

The work here is doing great! Elder Whitney and I are getting really busy. We are teaching some families, and they're coming to Church and preparing to get baptized! It's really exciting.
The joy of missionary work isn't the joy you feel when you're are teaching people or baptizing people. Even when I have had no one to teach, and I have to go door-to-door in the Texas heat. I do it, with a smile on my face. Because the joy is just knowing that I am doing what The Lord wants me to be doing.

I'm doing what The Lord wants me to be doing, I haven't always been able to say that. Everyone has times where they feel like they can't say that. The Lord doesn't demand or expect perfection, only improvement. We can all handle that. We can ALL be better today than we were yesterday, even if by a little. 
Then we can feel the approval of our Father. Then we can feel that we are doing what The Lord wants us to be doing.

Ahh, The Book Of Mormon. I have read it many times. I have picked it apart, upside down, backwards, word-for-word. Therefore, I can say with a surety that I know it is true, because it has affected me more than anything else in my life. It has increased my relationship with God, my self-confidence, will-power, intelligence, and my joy. How can this not be from God? 

The Gospel has been restored though a prophet.
Joseph Smith was that prophet of God.
People may shake their fists and stomp their feet all they want, they are simply fulfillment of living prophecy, "The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee; while the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority and blessings constantly from under thy hand." D&C 122:1-2

Let's not be 'fools'. Accept the gospel and never, ever, turn away.

I love you all
-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment