Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Kinfolk,

**DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO MY ROUND ROCK ADDRESS**
I'm getting transferred, again. My last day in this apartment will be Wednesday, so if you send anything after today I probably won't get it. I'll give y'all my new address next week :)
I'm getting "doubled-in" again haha which means that my new companion and I will be go the the area at the same time, neither of us will know anything about the area or the people haha that's the same thing that happened when I went to Hill Country Zone. So, that will be fun!!
This will already by my 3rd zone as a Zone Leader, that's crazy to think about! I love it though.

I will definitely miss the Round Rock zone and Elder Loveridge. Elder Loveridge and I were only companions for 6 weeks, which is a bummer because we got along so great and are really good friends. He is such a fantastic missionary though,and he will do great in Round Rock and with all the investigators who we have right now. He has only been on his mission for about the same time as me, so we will be able to hang out a lot when we go home. He just lives in Ogden area. It's going to be sad to leave him.
This area has been a really important area to me. I have grown an incredible amount in the 3 months that I spent here. I will always remember the miracle, and faith building experiences I had with Malik Abdul, and the great friendship that we have formed. He was such a miraculous story. I will always thank the Lord that I was able to be a part of it.
Hunter Henson's was another incredible story from this area. His family has been through a lot, and he has wanted to be baptized for a while now. The divorce just happened to be finalized while I was here. So, we were able to teach him and baptize him. I confirmed Hunter a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and gave him the Gift of the Holy Ghost. His family is incredible, and his future it so promising. I love the Henson family, and plan on keeping in contact with them for the rest of my life.

The Walsh Ranch ward has been filled with exemplary, faithful, covenant-keeping members of the Lord's Church. I have learned a lot from serving them and loving them. I am always amazed at how the Lord can send me to any seemingly random place, and there I will meet people who will have such an impact on me that it will change the rest of my life.

The Chisholm Trail ward has some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met. The faith of the the young single adults has absolutely strengthened mine. I have listened to them, and learned from them. I have made friendships that will last for years, and experiences that will last forever.


I have sad to leave Round Rock behind, but genuinely STOKED for what awaits!!

As I read and re-read the Book of Mormon, my faith becomes unshaken. Intellectually, there is no way that book came from man. Spiritually, it has changed my very nature and all my desires.
I love the Lord, and all of you!


-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment