Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

To Whom It May Concern (All Y'all): 

Well, It's official. I love every week of my mission. My love for the Lord, for my mission, and for the people of Texas seems to increase by each week. I will forever be grateful for my mission, and the change that it has had on my soul.

I was able to get the letter you sent me! We still technically have the other apartment, so we go their every once in a while hahaha. So, I have been getting the mail there this week and picked up the letter from the family. I really loved that letter. Thank y'all very much! Nothing is sweeter to the soul late in the evening, as when I check the mailbox and see my name on a letter. I am "filled with exceedingly great joy" (Mosiah 21:24)

Grandma Vi turned 95 this last week?! I never would have guessed that. Last time I was talking to her, I could have sworn she was in her 30's. hahaha I love her so much! Make sure that you tell her Hi from me next time y'all talk.

El Templo De Dios:
Earlier this week, all the "Mission Leadership" (Zone Leaders &Sister Training Leaders) were again privileged to go through the Temple. I have now been to The House of The Lord a handful of times on my mission, and each time increases in beauty and knowledge. This time was especially eventful.
There was a relatively small group of missionaries there, but 5 of them were my previous companions. It was powerful to look around and see all these amazing men that I have wonderful experiences with, and to be with them in that sacred place. It was a glimpse of divinity.
I was there with Elder Condie, Elder Whitney, Elder Shorts, Elder Loveridge and Elder Nebeker (Elder Nichols would have been the 6th, but he went home recently)

I am so happy that The Lord gave me such incredible friends, both before my mission and on my mission.



Danny & Tulsy:
Tulsy was baptized a few weeks ago in Utah. This last week she moved in with her boyfriend, Danny. They showed up to Church on Sunday, and the really had a great time! Danny is not yet a member, but he is very interested.
After Church yesterday, we went over to their house to teach them. We asked when they were getting married, so Danny could get baptized. At first, their plan was to WAIT until NEXT YEAR when her brother gets back from his mission, so he could be there for the wedding.
We explained the Priesthood again and the sealing power. Basically that earthly marriage doesn't mean much, but when they get sealed for all eternity... that's what her brother would want to be there for.

They are a really cool couple, and we are going back over there again on Thursday night to have another lesson. Please keep them in your thoughts, and prayers.


****************

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Wear green, be safe, be happy

I love y'all!
-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment