Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Loved ones,

WOW. What an absolutely incredible week! I love my mission so much!
It looks like y'all had a great time as well in Ontario. You look incredible in that picture! You'e the only person I know who gets younger with each birthday. The birthday cake sure does look delicious, Mom. I am sure that you loved celebrating your birthday in Ontario, and hopefully you enjoy my birthday card! I love you

The babies have been doing "no TV for a week"? That sounds really hard. I don't even know if I could do that! hahaha that's great though! They definitely need time to turn off "Finding Nemo" and "Max and Ruby". I'm proud of them.
Amanda and Mom are doing 'Police Academy'?.... oh, brother.... The last thing the world needs is Amanda running around trying to do a citizen's arrest to everyone she doesn't approve of. That's really cool that the city is doing that though. Sounds like a ton of fun.


BROTHER DAVID BOYD:
Well, it's official. He's a Mormon.
Brother David Boyd got baptized on Saturday, the 18th. But, let's back up a few days...

On Wednesday, he had his baptismal interview with the District Leader. He was very excited to talk to him, and was extremely prepared for the interview. After a few minutes, they came out from the back room and Brother Boyd, with tears streaming down his face, walked straight over to his wife, hugged her and said, "I love you!". It was such a sweet, tender moment. Brother Boyd then came and hugged me, and then everyone else in the room haha

The baptism was beautiful, and much of the ward came out to support him. In fact, there were so many people that we had to do the service in the chapel, so everyone would fit. Brother Boyd was baptized by one of his best friends in the ward, named Brother Taylor. Brother Taylor is straight from Samoa, and joined the Church as an adult. He still has a very thick Samoan accent... and he is such an incredible man.
As Brother Boyd came up out of the water, they embraced each other. Then, Brother Boyd turned to the crowd with a huge smile on his face and waved with his hands high above his head. hahah it was great!
He bore his testimony right before the Baptismal service ended. In the testimony he said, "I always knew this Church was true, I just wanted to join on my own terms.... well... instead I came in crawling" haha. Remember, this man has been 'investigating" for 13 years! He kept pushing everything off, until the Lord finally "snatched" him... and he came in crawling.
Beautiful.

The next day, he got confirmed in Sacrament meeting. It was a wonderful blessing, and the Spirit was very strong. As he arose, now a member of the Church and endowed with the gift of the Holy Ghost, he hugged everyone in that circle. Then, with tears now running down his face, walked humbly back to his family. Now, the family was all members of the Church.

It was incredible to be a part of his experience, but it was all from the Lord. The Lord is so wonderful, and loves all of us. I am forever grateful for the evidences I have of His love.

Go Brother Boyd!



WONDERFUL UPDATES:
The work continues to hasten, by the day. Elder Nebeker and I are working so hard, we honestly come home for the day, and just fall asleep before our heads even hit the pillows. We are grateful for it, though. Grateful that the Lord trusts us this much, to teach His children. 
This so y'all can keep these people, and their baptisms, in your thoughts and prayers.
We currently have:

Angelita Espinoza- April 25th (This Saturday!!!!)
Gilbert Navarro- May 2nd
Danny Cavasos- May 16th
Yvonne Carter- May 23rd
Cody Simpson- May 23rd

I truly love each of these people. It has been such a spiritually enlarging experience to watch each of them grow, learn, and progress. To watch the light, and happiness come into their lives as they learn more truth about their God. Each day, my testimony clings and intertwines even deeper to the rich bedrock of the Gospel.


 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
PREACH MY GOSPEL:
You all had great comments and thoughts from last weeks study about 'God is our Loving Heavenly Father'. Thank you for your testimonies! Now, make sure they are always getting stronger and that you never, never, never lose them.
Always remember that even though a few members do not endure or remain fully active, enduring to the end is a personal responsibility.

-Chapter 3: The Lessons
-Lesson 3: The Gospel of Jesus Christ
-Section: "Endure To The End"

*After reading through this, all I want to know is.. 
What are you going to do to make sure that you always endure to the end, and that you never, never, never leave this Church?

I'll start this week, here are some of my thoughts.
1- The Lord (meaning his commandments, His Church, His scriptures, etc.) always comes first. Ezra Taft Benson has said, "When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives"

2- I choose to never be offended. I will never let the words or actions of another prevent me, or my family, from accessing the full power of the Savior's Atonement, which can only be found in and through His Church. 

3- I will always respect, honor, sustain and support my leaders. 


But, I am most excited to hear what your answers are! Nothing makes me happier, than knowing I have a faithful family. Nothing would break my heart faster, than hearing that one of my loved ones has left the faith they once cherished. If any of you do, for whatever reason, you can be assured that I will be coming after you.


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on earth.
Never leave.


I love y'all!
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment