Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

Kindred,

Yeah, it was a great surprise to get all of those goodies from Brian, Shannon and their family. It was actually the morning that we had MLC, and we were just finishing getting ready to leave when someone knocked at the door. If they would have been a few minutes later, we would have walked right into them haha. It was great to read that letter from them, and receive all those goodies. I'll send a picture of all the stuff they gave us! It was a great surprise!

There is a member here in this ward, that also lived in the Marble Falls ward the entire time I was there. He recently moved into this ward. So, I have already spent about 9 months of my mission around him. He is a great, very interesting man and we have become good friends. He loves to take us out to lunch, and tries to take us to the places we "need to see" before we leave San Antonio. This week, he took us out to Fuddrucker's. Fuddrucker's started in San Antonio, and we went to the very first one ever made. It was super cool! It was fairly old, and much smaller then the Fuddrucker's we have in Utah. It was awesome though, and apparently a lot of restaurants have their roots here in San Antonio. I love this city! It's so much fun serving in the center of town, and having just about everything in your area. We sure have had a lot of San Antonio stories in the last few months.

BROTHER BOYD:
Brother Boyd is doing great! We went over to teach him a couple of times this week. The first time we went over, I asked him what had helped him finally decide to be baptized. The answer was that he got in a car accident on Friday, and as that happened he realized that he knows this is true and that he needs to stop procrastinating. He then grabbed his Book of Mormon and began reading from Mosiah chapter 27 , "Nevertheless, after wading through much tribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an everlasting burning, and I am born of God. My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more." (v. 28-29)
The Spirit filled the room, and tears came to his eyes as he said, "That is me".

Another amazing experience we had with him was when we first started going over the Restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith. He started going on somewhat of a tangent, and I can't even remember what he was saying. Then he stopped, looked right at me and said, "But, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God". He said it with such conviction and belief! I LOVE when I hear investigators share their testimony of the Savior, His restored gospel, and His prophet, Joseph Smith!

He also came to the Sunday morning session of General Conference at the Church building with us, and some other investigators. He came basically running up to me when it ended, and with a smile from ear to ear said, "That was a great Conference!"

He is so much happier now, since he has made the decision to be baptized! He just radiates joy and happiness. It's amazing to see.

He is getting baptized on the 18th, at 5pm :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


I love y'all!
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment