Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

Loved ones,   
  
I'm glad that y'all have been enjoying your extended stay in Oregon. Speaking of Oregon.... I received my new companion this past week. His name is Elder Allen. He is from Oregon! The other side from Ontario though, he is from Portland. He is such a great missionary, we have already seen miracles together and we work together really well. Our personalities are pretty similar, plus he laughs at my jokes... ALSO, guess where he just came from?! Yep, Marble Falls. He was also there for 6 months, so we have A LOT to talk about hahaha we have already had such a good time talking about those old, crazy people up there.
This is going to be a great transfer!

It's so fun to be staying here for almost 8 months. Haha I know this area so well now, but it's crazy how many people and places I'm still so unfamiliar with. I was informed at Church yesterday that I broke the record for the longest time a missionary has ever been in that ward.... Haha and I still have a month to go!

The last lesson that Elder Hendricks and I taught together was to Brother Tui on Monday night. Remember, Tui is a returning inactive who is living with he is girlfriend, Jody. Jody seemed to be more dedicated than him, he was surprisingly the one holding her back. For example, when he does show up to Church he just comes in BYU sweats. So, we decided to visit with just him. That lesson was POWERFUL! We discussed the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and read many scriptures about redemption and forgiveness. The Spirit was very strong. I could physically see hope enter into Brother Tui's heart as the Spirit taught him. He was so motivated when we left! That very night he went to the store and bought a new shirt, tie and slacks! Haha isn't that awesome? It was so amazing to watch him walk into the Chapel yesterday with his shirt and tie! They are doing great, just trying to find out a marriage date and then she will be baptized.

We have an investigator named Allizah (ale-eh-zay). Who is probably getting baptized on the 25th of this month. She is such a kind young girl. Please keep her and her family in y'all's prayers!
 

I love each of you! 
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment