Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30 Email

Family,

Does Amanda think she is so tough now that she is 23? How did the party go? It sounds fun, pictures look great too. YES, I finally got the package this week haha. Thank you so much! I have been getting your letters, have you not been getting mine? I've written back to the family and the girls a few times..
 
      This week has gone by so fast, I can't believe it is already Monday again. The mission is insane how fast it goes. I gave a blessing to a woman last Monday night. She has been struggling a lot with family problems and stress and a whole mess of other things. It was so cool! The blessing was long, and very spiritual (my companion says) it's weird, as soon as I said "Amen", I couldn't really remember anything I said. Probably because it wasn't me talking haha but it was awesome!!
 
     We have been so busy. We didn't knock on any door this week that we didn't know who was behind it. We have been teaching a lot of people. We were on companionship exchanges a little over a week ago and I was with Elder Jones (funniest/weirdest person ever). We ran into this older couple (Julian and... his wife) and they were very eager to hear more. So we set up an appointment with them this week. When we got there he said how he was about to leave to help his son with something, but something told him to stay. That he had to listen to what we have to say and that we were going to change his life! This was before we even said anything about the lesson. The lesson went really well. We gave him a Book Of Mormon and  he left it open on the table, saying that he was going to read it as soon as we left.
 
    We met another young family, the same day we met Julian, and they have already taken all the lessons from the missionaries, but they weren't ready to get married so that couldn't get baptized. Well, they are married now. So we have met with them 4 days in a row and they are really interested. He is younger than me and has 2 kids.
 
    We met with Manuel twice this week. We shared a Mormon Message called "A Book Of Mormon Story" and then shared our testimonies. It was probably the most spiritual lesson I have been a part of so far. I took a picture with him so I can show ya'll hahah he's so cool! He used to own an old record store so his trailor is FULL of old rap cd's and old rap merchandise haha he's a homie for sure!
 
    All is well in Texas. It's been raining kinda... it's weird how it rains here. It will be so sunny and hot, then within seconds it is POURING rain, then it is sunny again. It feels like someone is turning the shower on and off again haha. I took a picture that helps explain the weather here.
 
   Well, I love Texas and I love my mission. God definitely knows me. So he has been helping me become more humble. It's never easy to see someone who is looking everywhere for the truth, but they won't listen to it when they find it. Being a missionary is the best thing ever! I am already so grateful for this experience. I have grown so much already. Manuel told me this week, " I just want to be like you. I want to be happy all the time." Well, let me show you how. haha.
 
It's tough, OH BOY is it tough. The heat is a beast, the humidity is ridiculous, the dogs are punks, most of the people are worst than the dogs, but I know that I am doing what I am supposed to. And it's worth it when I get to be a part of someone getting closer to Christ. I asked Manuel and his son, Latrell, to be baptized. They said yes.
 
I love you all so much!
Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment