Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7 Email

Hey and stuff,
 
haha E26.. dang. That was a fun time. I actually like didn't take any pictures this week, but I will this next week and make sure to send pictures of my companion and the other Elders in my apartment. Transfers are like the 16th or something. I'm 99% sure that I am staying here. I might get a new companion though.
 
   That's so weird that you had snow. I am already used to not seeing snow. haha It's still like in the 90's everyday here. I guess it hasn't snowed here for years, and when it did snow it was like for 15 minutes haha. It's gonna be a blue Christmas. Mountains: it's still weird not seeing them. There aren't any here at all, you can just see forever.
 
  Yeah, General Conference was soo sick! haha I have never really taken notes before. I took 11 pages of notes. All the talks we so solid. Yeah, President Monson's talk about trials was awesome, "Good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the winds the stronger the trees..."
 
  Jeffrey R Holland brought the house, as usual. As soon as he stood up, I could just hear in my mind Jeremy barking as loud as he could! haha. His whole talk was juts quote after quote, "Believe in Miracles. Hope is never lost.", "Our pursuit of Godliness will be tried again and again" & "One day the dawn Will break brightly" 
 
  Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talks were really awesome too. Dang, they were all sweet. We watched Conference at the Stake Center and some Mexican families came and made us food in between the sessions on both days. They are so nice. The food was straight delicious too. Tacos for days, empanadas, tostadas, and rice on rice on rice.
 
Oh yeah, i've gained 12 pounds so far, BUT rest asured, I look good. I have never been so jacked. Riding these dumb bikes made my legs way stronger and bigger, and me and my comp wake up extra early every morning to work out at the Gym here at our apartment complex. The gym is kinda garbage, but we make it work. Sometimes we have to get creative haha but we get good workouts.
   Remember Dion?
 
  So, he said that he wants me to baptize him. So I am baptizing him this Saturday! I am so pumped, it's gonna be awesome. He's such a cool kid. His family is like my second family out here. They live out in the country, like 20 minutes driving distance. They have tons of chickens, and pheasants, and geese and all types of birds haha. Everytime we go over there we leave with at least a dozen fresh eggs. 
 
  Also, a family who lives on Base who's in our ward is going to Orem this week. I gave them ya'll address and phone numbers, they might be calling you and wanting to say hi. Try to be normal. They are the Bush family. They have 10 kids and they are some of the greatest people you will ever meet. They are awesome.
 
    Still doing my thing, like it ain't no thing.
    Got a busy week ahead of us, I'm way excited for my first baptism! 
 
"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" -Dieter F, Uchtdorf
 
I represent SA-town, Texas is my playground, Ride these streets like Greyhound
 
I love you all
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment