Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18 Email!

HEY!
There are so many great families here. I'll probably be here for at least one more month, but i'm already sad. I love everyone here so much.
So, this week has been a pretty good. Not too many huge things happened, but there were still some sweet experiences. We were teaching a lesson to this lady we met. It was the first time we met with her and so we were teaching her about the Book Of Mormon and Joseph Smith and all that good stuff. (She's catholic, like everyone else here).. After I recited the First Vision to her, she just sat there was a minute and started flipping through the Book Of Mormon, then with tears coming down her face she said, "It's true. It's all true".. hahah it totally caught me off guard, I sure wasn't really expecting that. But it was sweet!!

Manuel gave me a Lego man with $100. Oh, i'm not sure if I told ya'll. He loves Lego's. He has thousands of dollars worth of Lego's in his home, hahah i'll send you a picture of his front room table:

Fred's uncle, Jermiah, came to church yesterday. So there is a bunch of people living at Fred's house, like their whole extended family in house about the size of our basement...

I definitely haven't changed. This Gospel isn't meant to change people, it's meant to improve them, make them the best that they can be. It helps you overcome your weaknesses and helps you build up your strengths to make you the person you are meant to be. I haven't changes, but through many of prayers and diligence in doing everything I know I am supposed to.. I have seen some of my weaknesses become weak, and my strengths become strong. I am proud of you all, and I am trying my best to have you all be proud of me.

Well, I love ya'll and I pray for each of you every day.
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment