Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25 Email!

Hey all!
So Transfers are this Thursday, Elder Miner is leaving and i'm staying here. I'm pretty excited that i'm staying here, I really didn't want to leave yet!
We had a Zone Conference this Tuesday and a 70 came and spake to us. His name is Elder Golden (side story: like 5 months before I got here, Elder Holland came to this misison and talked to us..) Anyways, Elder Golden had a way cool English accent. haha He literally talked for 4 hours, no exaggeration, just standing up there going from one tangent to the next, don't get me wrong, it was really good.. but long.

We taught a lesson to this preacher on Thursday. He started his own church, an he has quite a few people come to his church. We gave him a Book Of Mormon a few weeks ago and then we finally met with him on Thursday. When I explained to him what the Book of Mormon is and how it doesn't replace the Bible, and read him my favorite verses from the BoM. He really liked it and the Spirit was strong. At the end of the lesson he said, "it's true, it's gotta be" hahah SWEET. Hopefully we'll get him and his whole church to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday.

We taught this guy last night name Glen, He is the JACKED black guy who has been in the Army his whole life. We taught him in his "man cave" haha he told us some nuts stories about wars. Right now, he doesn't really believe in anything, he says that he hasn't said a prayer since "probably sometime in college". He's like 50 now. We had a really powerful lesson, he said that he was going to start praying and reading the Book Of Mormon!

We had this really weird cold front here. It's been like loew 40's the past few days... I have literally been frozen. The cold is so much worse when it's humid because it goes straight through all the clothes you are wearing and straight to the bones.

Well, San Antonio is where I am supposed to be. It is no coincidence that I am here. God lives and he is more involved in our lives than most people will ever realize.
I love you all so much! hopefully you haven't forgotten about me yet.
Love, Elder Giles
These some french toast i made out of eggo waffles..

Realest line I have ever heard

This is me at Glen's house

No comments:

Post a Comment