Monday, June 16, 2014

June 9 Email!

Mom & Family,

Thank you for all the pictures you sent me from the wedding!! It looks so nice! Amanda looks really happy.
hahah that Elvis Standee of me is classic. That's a really good look for me.

I'm really proud of Amanda and all ya'll. Well done.
Gosh, I love you all so much. Ya'll look so good!

CONGRATULATIONS TREVOR AND AMANDA!! I pray that God will bless you and your marriage :)
Congratulations Mom and Dad, your first child married!!! How exciting!

* * * * * * * * * * 
The Baptism went amazing!!
Ozzy was baptized at 1 pm on Saturday, June, 7th. 
He had a lot of family and friends show up to support him, and a decent amount of the ward came to the baptism also! I was really humbled that he asked me to baptize him, but also excited! Ozzy and I have become good friends, he is a really good kid.
The whole baptismal service was powerful and The Spirit was strong the whole time.
After I baptized Ozzy and he came out of the water, he just grabbed me and hugged me. We hugged for a few seconds. After we got out I asked him how he felt. He looked at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen and said, "Good.. Very Good!!"

Ozzy is a stud.
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
Father's Day shout-out:

Dad, I love you.
On my mission, people often ask us what we are thankful for. I always go straight to my family.

I wouldn't be able to be half the missionary or man I am today if it wasn't for you.
You are a self-sacrificing man. You don't ever give up. You have more heart than anyone.
You have had a lot of trials in your life, but look at where you are: You have a beautiful, close family. Both of your oldest sons have served missions, your oldest daughter just got married, two amazing little daughters and a beautiful wife.

Dad, thank you for never giving up. Thank you for setting the bar of hard work so high for me.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
This whole week was great!
To give you a little taste of what this week was, i'll just tell you SOME of the meals I had.
*TEXAS-SIZED breakfast, (pancakes, bacon, eggs and 2 kinds of sausage)
 
 
*Fried Catfish
*Chicken & Waffles
*THEE spiciest hot wings I have ever witnessed

I wish I could tell ya'll everything I am doing and learning and doing out here, but words on a page would never suffice.

I love hearing others testimonies, and I share mine at every opportunity..
God is a living, loving, active, physical, glorified, personal Father over all of us.
Jesus Christ is His Son. The Literal Son of The Literal God.
Because of Christ, we can all start-over. Try again. Be forgiven. Move on. Become better.
Because of Christ, we will ALL live again.

I love you all, and I miss you.
Pray for me, pray for Ozzy and his family

Enjoy your week, and never miss a chance to smile
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment