Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11 Email!

NEW ADDRESS:
**22202 Estate Hill Drive #15211, San Antonio, Texas, 78258**

I will be expecting oodles of letters this coming week...

The Zone I am in is called the Hill Country Zone. It covers basically the top north of San Antonio and the country area right above it. The actual area I am in is the Bulverde ward.
So, my area is about 1/2 super rich and wealthy city and 1/2 country. It is pretty different from what I am used to, but I really like it so far. We got "doubled-in" which means that me and my companion both got to the area on the same day and neither of us know any of the members, investigators, and anyone around haha. We ALSO, got moved into a BRAND-NEW apartment. I mean, this is unreal! It is in the nice part of the city. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two closets, a huge kitchen/living room area and a fireplace.... and it is just my companion and I.
haha next transfer they are moving two more Elders in there, but for now, it is just us.
My companion's name is Elder Shorts. He is 6'5''. haha I feel bad for him, everyone we meet makes some lame joke about how he's tall but his name is Shorts... haha it's so funny. Elder Shorts is from Gilbert, Arizona. He's a funny guy and likes to have fun. We already get along really good. I have been pretty lucky, I guess. I have gotten along really well with all of my companions.
 
This week I have been thinking a lot about prayer, and how grateful we should be for it!
Think about it.. we get to speak to the Creator of all, Almighty God, our Loving Heavenly Father whenever we want. We can speak to him for however long as we want, and we don't have to pay any money.
Think about prayer, how much it has helped you and how amazing it actually is. Now think about if we couldn't pray.
We would do everything and anything to have that opportunity to speak with God, tell him what is on our mind, and receive revelation from heaven.
It's an amazing gift we have to pray to Him. The more we pray sincerely, and listen for our answers, the more we appreciate prayer.

I love you all
Write me (holla at me)
-Elder Giles

Elder Kunz and I being weird on our last day together


here's a last-minute picture of Elder Shorts and yo' boy

No comments:

Post a Comment