Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18 Email!

Kinfolk,
How are ya?!
My first full week in Bulverde was great! Bulverde is actually just a really small town, that we never go to. The majority of our area is the Northern top of San Antonio City. It's really nice and wealthy. There are a lot of great people here though, and we have been finding a lot of new people who we are now teaching!

Elder Shorts and I are getting along really well, we have a lot in common and have basically the same sense of humor. So, there is rarely a dull moment around here haha. It's insane that I have already had 7 companions, and they have all been like my best friend. I'm really not just saying that, or trying to be a nice guy. They are totally people I would hang out with after the mission, I've been really blessed.
This week has been good, hot and busy. I usually tell ya'll a little about what happened this past week, but this E-mail is going to be a little bit different. I have something else I want to talk about today.

In 2 days, I hit my year mark.
It has been a year since I was in Utah
It has been a year since I have seen many of my friends
It has been a year since I was dropped off at the doors of the MTC, and gave hugs to each of you
In this last 363 days:
I have worked harder than I have ever worked.
I have sweated more than ever before
I have laughed harder than ever before
I have met many of my best friends
I have been more tired than I have ever been
I have learned so much about myself
I have cared for people more than ever before
I have felt closer to God than ever before
I have been thanked more than ever before
I have been mocked more than ever before
I have had times when it wasn't so glamorous
I have had the most spiritual experiences of my life
This has honestly been the best year of my life.
This year has gone by so fast, it's hard to believe. I try to look back on everything that has happened, and am overwhelmed with all the amazing experiences and people I have met
I can't explain, or convey the importance of my mission in an E-mail. But I can say that I am a better man today than I was a year ago, and I will be an even better man in a year than I am today.

I am so grateful for my mission, and everyone who has affected my life to help me get out here
I love you all!
-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment