Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15 Email!

Kinfolk,


The weather has been pretty good in Utah this last week? It has been raining these last few days, but besides that it has stayed pretty hot. August is typically the hottest part of the summer, so I think it is finally starting to "cool down" again.
TRANSFERS: Elder Shorts and I are both staying in Bulverde. I am so glad that we are both staying, this really is a great area and we are just getting it warmed up! Plus, Elder Shorts and I get along great haha for some reason, it seems like some totally crazy thing happens to us every day. We get a long really well, I am so excited for this next transfer!
STORY TIME:
There are a lot of Priests in the ward here.. around 20. They are all at different steps of preparing for missions, or even wanting to go on a mission. So, we have been trying to get them to come out with us and show them how much fun a mission really is.
This last Thursday night I went out with a priest named Nakona. Right after I picked him up, we started driving down the road and I asked him, "Do you want to have a good night, or do you want to see miracles?", he said that he wanted to see miracles . We pulled off to the side of the road and prayed to The Lord for a chance to see miracles. As we went about of the night, we stopped by a family that we have been trying to meet with. We were finally able to set up an appointment with them and I was so stoked! I told him that it was a miracle for us, he said, "that ain't no miracle, I want to see a miracle" haha "okay" I said,"let's go get a miracle".
A few minutes later as we were driving down the road, we saw someone that he recognized, so I pulled off the road and we talked to him. It was one of Nakona's best friends named Trever. Trever was really interested in what Nakona believed and he said he wanted to learn more. We set up a time to teach him just a few days later.
Nakona said that it was a miracle that we found him, and we was so pumped up about sharing the gospel with is friend!
Well, about 10 minutes after that we were walking to our car when I saw someone on the sidewalk, so I went over to talk to him. His name is Sean. Sean also happened to be one of Nakona's friends. He, also, was very interested in The Church and wanted us to come over and teach his whole family.
Nakona was almost overwhelmed. Within moments, he saw two of his friends, who he always assumed wouldn't be interested, and they both wanted to learn more about The Church.
We taught Trever a few days later with Nakona there. He loved everything we said. He is now reading The Book Of Mormon and praying about it, he is also planning on coming to Church with Nakona.
We are teaching Sean, his mother, Nina, and his sister. They also are planning on coming to Church.
Nakona was so grateful for the miracles he saw. He says that he now wants to go out with us "all day, everyday" and the rest of the Priests are excited to come out as well!
It's an exciting time.
 * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


You are each loved by me :)
-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment