Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8 Email!

Kin & Folk,
Thank you for sending me a new journal!! It's amazing that I have already written about 400 days, sometimes it is very hard to write in my journal because I am so tired, but it's really cool looking back and seeing all that I have done every day so far!

This week I just wanted to quickly talk about Heroes in our lives. Heroes are the people that we look up to and admire, often times they are the ones who we love and they love us. The interesting thing about Heroes is that they rarely view themselves as such, rather, they see the good in others.
We all have heroes, and whether we want to be or not, we all have people looking up at us.
My parents are some of my biggest heroes: They are both absolutely self-sacrificing and would give all they have fro their children. They never think of themselves first, but all they do is for the benefit if their family. Since I was a kid, I saw that love my mom had for me by taking care of me and always listening to what I had to say. I knew of the love of my father by him going to work well before I woke up, and coming home well after I was back from school. Though he was tired, he would still play with me every night.
Every one on my family is a hero to me, each of them have something that I admire and want to become better at.
As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we are heroes to all mankind. Whether we want to or not, we have accepted to share this love with others and help God's children return to him.
On my mission, some of the sweetest words I have ever heard are when people tell me that they look up to me, or that I am a hero to them.
The best hero we can be, is by showing our love to someone.
This week, for our homework, we will not be reading words on a page. We will be acting.
I challenge each of you, to go out of your way this week to help someone.
Find someone in need, and do something for them.
The purest joy you can feel, is by helping someone and walking away without receiving anything.
I am excited to hear about the hero's each of you were this week to someone else.

I love ya'll
-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment