Monday, January 6, 2014

December 30 Email!


Dear Family,

Yeah, it was great to talk to you on Christmas! I'm sorry the reception was pretty bad.. maybe next Christmas you'll be able to hear me.. haha After I talked to ya'll on the phone we went to the Malherbe's house and had lunch with them, then we went to the Pemberton's house and had dinner and spent most of the evening with them. Their son, Jamie Pemberton, just got back from his mission, about two weeks ago now, from the Dominican Republic. He's really cool and me and him juts ended up talking all night. He's actually moving down to Provo today, to go to BYU.

This last week was sweet. With Christmas and Christmas Eve it was hard to get lessons with people, but it was still really fun! We have another baptism this Saturday. His name is Austin Travis, and he is Fred Travis' brother! So i'm really excited for that! That whole family is going  to get baptized, it's just a matter of time. But now with Austin also getting baptized I bet it will speed up the rest of the family
This week should be interesting with New Year's Eve and New Year's.. everyone is going to be having a hangover all week long, so we'll see how that goes.
 I'll send ya'll a picture of what the weather looked like on Christmas Eve night, here in San Antonio. It's a little different than Utah haha
 
Christmas Eve Weather
 
 
What are ya'll plans for New Year's? It's so weird, I remember exactly what I was doing last New Year's Eve... It seems like just a few weeks ago. I can't believe it's been a WHOLE year. I can't believe I've been out here for 4 months already! You really do lose yourself while doing missionary work. I'm so thankful for my mission, for all the people I have met, and for all the many challenges. I know that they are all there to help me grow and become a better Priesthood holder, husband, and father.
 Have a safe week, I love you all
-Elder Giles
 
Opening Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment