Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27 Email!

Everything that I say I mean with the most respect: To all my family and friends back home, I feel like I should write how I feel about this upcoming month.
February is a month that will always be remembered by me, because of the loss of a close friend that happened almost a year ago.
When I first heard the news of Syd's passing, I changed my Facebook picture, like everyone else, and I remember I wrote something like, "...I will live my life in such a way that will make you proud...".
The way I live my life has been, and will be, eternally more focused since that moment. I was never more committed to serve The Lord. I have been on my mission for about 5 months now, I have a select few pictures that I have on my wall that I look at every single day. Sydney and I are the center picture. When the mission gets hard: when anger, frustration, or homesickness kick in.. it's easy to remind myself why I will stay on my mission and try to completely forget about myself.
Sydney is, and will be missed by all of us, but let's all live our lives in a way that will make her proud.
There have been many times in my life when I felt like my testimony and faith was weak and I leaned on others faith to get me through.. if any of you reading this (whether you know me or not) feel like your faith is weak, listen to mine until you find yours again.
I know with all that I am, that I will see Sydney again. I give my solemn promise that we will all see and be with her again. Life is hard, I think we have all figured that out by now, but that's why we can't see God all the time. That's why we have to find our faith and use it. To prove to ourselves, our families, our friends and to God, who we really are.
It is my prayer that we will all try to live our lives in a way that will make her proud.
 
I love you all and pray for you
Turn to God, and let Him work miracles in your life
 
Love, Elder Giles
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment