Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24 Email!

La Familia,

The work is going great, we have been fortunate enough to have found like 5 more serious investigators this week.

Ronald (the man from the trailer park), it is going great with him, we saw him a few days ago. We only had a few minutes to talk because we had other appointments but while we were talking I just felt impressed to say something. I very briefly said, "We believe that God has called another Prophet named Joseph Smith, and through him Christ has again restored His church to the earth. Do you believe that?" He said, "yes."
hahaha I have never taught the Restoration so briefly before, but it worked! haha 
 
A few days ago I was spending the day with another missionary (Elder Harris, Kansas City, Missouri) and we were walking out of a lesson in an apartment complex. We walked past this little playground area and saw a father playing with is little son on the slide. We started talking to him (Chris), and found out that he is a teacher at the local Catholic Church. He had his big bible open on the bench and he said he was preparing his lesson for the day. He was telling us how much he loves the Bible. I asked him ,"Have you heard of The Book Of Mormon?" He said that he has, but he has never had the chance to read from it. So we gave him a copy of the Book Of Mormon and a pamphlet talking about the Restoration of The Gospel.
 
Last night I talked with him on the phone, I asked him if he has had a chance to read from those yet. He said that he has read the entire Restoration pamphlet, the Introduction to the Book Of Mormon & the first chapter of the Book Of Mormon. haha I was pumped, he said that he really liked it! 

That was cool.

We've met so many great people recently. On Saturday we met this 20 year-old named Adam. He is super cool. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to Church the next morning with us. Well.. he was there before we were. haha Throughout the entire day he kept telling me how much he loved it and how he feels like he has been missing out his whole life.
Adam and I are the same age, and it made me think how grateful I am that I have always knew about The Gospel. I am so grateful for my parents who raised me with The Gospel in my life so I didn't have to wait and then feel like I have been missing out my whole life.

The work here is great, and it is all in the hands of the Lord. I feel like I became a little better everyday.

Also, everyday feels like i'm in a weird cheap movie. Everything that happens in Marble Falls is so strange hahaha I get a bunch of new stories every day!

I love you all!

-Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment