Monday, April 21, 2014

April 14 Email!

Family,

YOU'RE KIDDING. It's still cold and snow there? It was in the 80's this week. I was sweating, and got way tan. haha I love Texas, being cold is for losers.

Ya'll probably coulda guessed, another great week! We had more lessons this week then ever before, and we got a lot of new people to come to church!

One of them is Charlie sr.. So, we found a 'Sister Sardo' who, we later found out, has been inactive since she was 14. She remembered having great memories of Church though. We taught her and her son, Charlie jr., two brief lessons about the Church, before we were ever able to teach them with the Dad, because he is super busy. Well this week, we finally got the whole family together. When we began the lesson, I offered Charlie a Book Of Mormon to read and follow along when we share scriptures. He said, "no thanks, i'm not going to take that, I really won't read that.". I replied, "You can give it back at the end of the lesson, if you'd like". He cautiously accepted.
Well, it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever been a part of. Everyone felt it. Charlie not only kept the Book Of Mormon, he did most of the reading, and he was the one who wanted to come to church and bring his whole family! Sure enough, they were there Sunday morning!

I had nothing to do with it, neither did Elder Christensen. We can't pull The Spirit out of our pockets, throw it at him and convert him. We just tried to invite The Spirit into the lesson. It came, and did all of the teaching.
AWESOME!

It seems like everyday, I have an experience that I will never forget.
It's sad to think I have already been put 1/3 of my mission! It is going by too fast!
I love Texas, I love this Work, I love ya'll, and I love my Savior and Heavenly Father.

I have everything I will ever need.



I took a picture of this at a member's house, I thought it was funny. haha
But, it's true. I try to thank God everyday that I am at, where I am at.


I love you all!
Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment