Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21 Email!

Family,


Mom, I am doing great. I am *honestly* the happiest I have ever been. The only sad thoughts I ever think are, "rats. I can't do this forever. Only 16 more months :(  "  (today is my 1/3 mark. 8 months!!)

That's good it's almost spring there. It's already Utah's summer here in Texas. The humidity either hasn't kicked in yet, or isn't as bad up here as it is in San Antonio,  but it's not that bad yet. The heat is coming though, that's for sure.


SO, this week was more fun than you can shake a stick at!
There was some sort of carnival thing in Marble Falls this week. It was huge!! There were so many people there, it was ridiculous. So, we went.
We walked around and were talking to people and meeting people, it was just a good a time. Then, people just started coming up to us. At one point, a group of 7 people came up to us and asked, "What do you guys believe in?" haha that's an excellent question! So, we started teaching them right there, slowly other people started listening and walking over. I felt like I was an like some old-time missionary on a soapbox just preaching to a group of people. At the end of the lesson, someone asked, "If you could just like sum up what you believe, what would you say?". I said the first thing that came to my mind, "That Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He lives!".
It was so fun! Afterwards, I went around and shook everyone's hands and got their names, and my companion was handing them cards with out number on it! 

So many awesome experiences, I can't begin to explain a fraction of them. 
I want to say this: I am always sad when I see people who fall away from the truth they once cherished. Because none of them are as happy as they can be. Our true potential is only found in The Gospel, and that means the potential of our happiness as well. Whenever I share what I am thankful, it almost always is my family, you guys. It is so amazing that every person in my family is an active member of The Church! We can see how it has blessed us, I have never found another family in the world that is as close as we are. Now, the reason I am saying all of this is... I promise each of you that if any of you ever leave or begin to leave The Church, I will fight tooth and nail, from Heaven to Hell, to help you stay. And I hope you can all give me that same promise in return.

That being said, Easter was the bomb. Oh man, it was so fun! Church was great too because it was packed, people just come out of the woodwork on Easter... now if only they can come the other 51 weeks of the year...
We went to a family's house and had a Easter dinner and message with them, the Cowart's (the same one's that found out about my rapping career and know always play my raps whenever I am there) haha. It was a really fun week!

Ya'll are looking great in those pictures!
I really do love you all so much, and pray for you every night!

Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment